Monday 19 August 2013

Hey little bunny...



Found this little guy in issue 4 of simply crochet {download app to purchase copy @ R56,99}.  He was pretty easy to make, except that I struggle to make two of anything (ears) never mind four (legs and arms)! But I eventually got him done in time for Phia's first birthday.  He is super cute and floppy and might need to make another one for my girls.  I used 2 balls of vinnis cotton DK yarn, in a Baby Yellow. I love working with vinni cottons and their array of colors take me to a happy place. I used some scraps of brown I had lying around for the eyes and snout.

And the best bit is that I actually completed the project, even though his head and tummy lay in two separate bowls in two separate rooms for a couple of weeks, threatening to get lost or unravelled, when that second ball of baby yellow that I was sure I had failed to be where I thought it was.  Thank goodness: in a war on wool - clean up and sort out I fould the culprit, and after eventually finding the head again, I could complete project bunny.

I dream of the day that all my yarn is organized and colour coded, bought for an intended project.  And that intended project always gets completed.

{Megan}


1 comment:

Elise said...

Check out the amigurumi section at www.crochetpatterncentral.com. I spent many months making little creatures. Great fun :-)